The From Line
Rants, raves and ramblings about multi-channel marketing.
We have been working around the clock over the past few weeks to bring you several new features and improvements that will surely enhance your eLoop experience!
The eLoop5 dashboard has been updated with charts and graphs that load faster and are now easier to read. Selecting a date range and loading the corresponding report will now be quicker and more visually pleasing. In addition, the zoom feature will give a more in-depth visual of deliverability statistics. Finally, all dashboard charts can now be printed by right clicking and choosing “print chart”.
The new and improved Complaint Dashboard provides you with a snapshot and graphical view of your complaints. Gold Lasso will still continue to automatically suppress your complaints; however this new dashboard will provide you with an improved visualization of your complaint statistics for a particular time period. In addition to the Complaint Dashboard, we will also be adding two new feedback loops, Syncor and Fastmail.
After a lot of work and a lot of testing, testing, and re-testing, I’m proud to introduce Gold Lasso’s eloop Social Media Integration! This is a great addition to our application that will allow you to post your message to Facebook and/or Twitter. The easy to use wizard will walk you through setting up your Social Media Profiles and in minutes you will be ready to share your messages with your subscribers. Below are a few notes that you should be aware of when utilizing these new tools:
1. Please disable any pop-up blockers that you may use or you will not be able to complete the wizard.
2. You must be an Admin of your Fan Page to be able to allow eLoop to post to you Fan Page.
3. Currently when you post to a Fan Page, it DOES NOT post as your organization (or Admin) it posts as your individual FB account that you have setup during the Social Media Profile wizard. Some organizations have a Facebook user that they use to post things. In this case, you can use that. We will be changing this feature in the near future.
4. Pay close attention to steps 4 and 5 of the wizard which will authenticate the “Gold Lasso eLoop Campaign Integration” App.
5. Make sure you test your profiles to ensure that they are posting correctly to Facebook and/or Twitter.
6. Once you have profiles, you will see an additional step at the end of the Campaign Wizard. This step will allow you to choose which social media profiles that you would like to post to.
NOTE: If you do not have any social media profiles then this step will not appear and the campaign wizard will end as normal.
7. For both Twitter and Facebook, it will automatically pull the Subject of your message and the url to view the message in a browser as the postings. During this step, you will have the opportunity to modify this text if you choose to.
NOTE: eLoop will not post to Twitter or Facebook until the campaign has started. So if you send your campaign in the future it won’t post until then.
This feature is in its final stages of completion and will be available for your use by Monday, February 13th.
If you have ever tried to resize an image in eLoop, you know exactly where I'm going with this. Some users have experienced a rendering issue with some email clients (mostly Outlook 2007 and older) that takes your resized image and blows it back up to its original size when viewed in the email client. Just to clarify, this isn't an eLoop issue; it's an email client issue. There is a setting within older versions of Outlook that will not resize images. Unless you plan on going on a world tour to visit all of your subscribers and fix it for them, you will have to plan ahead.
It's easy enough to fire up Adobe Photoshop, load up your image, and resize it. But what if you don't have access to Photoshop? Well, we have a simple solution for you. It's a great tool called Pixlr and we have built it into our File Library. It's so simple to use yet it's just as powerful as some of the more expensive packages. With a few easy steps you will be resizing your images like a pro.
1. Go to your "File Library" found under the "Content Library" section of the navigation.
2. Highlight the image that you would like to work with from the file hierarchy. Click the "Open With" button at the top and choose the "Pixlr image editor" option.
3. Once opened, choose the "image" option from the top then click "image size". This will open a lightbox where you can enter in the new size of your image. Make sure that the box is checked for "constrain proportions" so your image doesn't get disproportionate. Click the "OK" button which will bring you back to your resized image.
4. From here you can save your image by going to "file" and choosing "save'. If you DON'T need to preserve your old version of your image then you can simply choose the default "AjaXplorer". If you would like to preserve the original image, you can choose "My Computer", rename the image, save it to your computer and then re-upload the newly resized image.
We are only a few days away from releasing our enhanced social media integration features. Our development team (AKA, a bunch of perfectionists) have been working extremely hard on the SMI and are wrapping up one last component before the big release. In the meantime, we are putting the following bug fixes and features into production.
If you haven't checked out this new module, you don't know what you're missing. This survey module is as good if not better than anything out there free or paid for. Not to mention that you can automate campaigns based on peoples responses and actions to make it a very valuable tool in your marketing arsenal. Because of some of the updates that you will see below, you can’t just think of this as a survey module but a multi-functional form module.
Clear Survey Results - After you've tested and tested your survey you may want to clear your testing answers before going live, well now you can. This feature allows you with the click of a button to clear all of the survey results and start fresh. Just a reminder that there is no going back, once you have clicked the button and verified your request poof it's gone for good.
Duplicate Survey - We heard from many clients that they wanted the ability to duplicate their surveys, well look no further. Save yourself a ton of time when creating surveys that are similar by duplicating them.
HTML Blocks - This feature is really AWESOME! You can now create blocks of HTML to place within your surveys. This gives you the ability to have a fully customizable splash page before your survey begins or put images, graphs, charts, or whatever your heart desires throughout your Survey. We have built in an editor right into the HTML blocks so that you can copy and paste HTML from outside the application or use the fully functional editor to really spice up your survey.
Fonts -You can now easily change the font of your titles and headers using a scaled down easy to use editor.
New Buttons - We have added 20 new button styles to spruce up your Survey. On top of that you can also change the text of the navigation buttons to fit your needs.
Customization - Let's say you don't want this to be a survey but an application, a test, a quiz, a poll, or an Avocado, well you can make it whatever you want now. All headers, buttons, etc. are now customizable. I can see it now, "Begin your Avocado by clicking next"
Here are a few bugs that we cleaned up as an added bonus to the survey updates:
Reply Profile bug - If you have multiple domains within your reply profiles you may have noticed that the link url wasn't displaying properly. If you hadn't noticed, well maybe it was never broken :) This issue is now resolved and displaying properly along with the ability to choose the url from the drop-down box.
Moving list type bug - Previously if you moved a list from a suppression list to an outbound list or visa versa, it was also moving the folder it was associated with. Now if you change a list type it will put the list in the default view (not in a folder) so it can be easily located.
List Statement Bug - The date entered statement for the "last hour" was pulling a subscriber count of your entire database. We resolved this issue so that it now only pulls subscribers added in the last X hours correctly. This is a great feature if you mix it with an automated process (drip campaign, auto-responder, etc.) to ensure that your newly added subscribers are getting a timely welcome message.
Hard Bounce Export Bug - Previously if you tried to export (or view) hard bounces from the Campaign Report it was only showing about half of the subscribers. This issue has been resolved and the full list is now displayed and exported properly.
And for the final update, we give you an all new very powerful feature... Dynamic URL's! I know, you’re probably scratching your head asking what the heck is a Dynamic URL, well I'm going to tell you. This concept was originally concocted when we were developing One Click Alerts a few years back but we ended up going a different direction. Well one of our customers came to us recently describing a feature that they needed and it sparked us to revisit our few year old notes to come up with Dynamic URL's. It's similar to our RSS to email feature but with a twist of lime.